Chlorine Gas Leak Poisons Kids In China

World News
Chlorine Gas Leak Poisons Kids In China

So far two kids were still in hospital but their condition is stable.

BEIJING:  At least 12 primary school students were today poisoned due to a chlorine gas leak in north China’s Shanxi province, local officials said.

The leakage occurred at a recycling centre in Lisi Village, Linyi County. The toxic gas had seeped out of an abandoned container, the county government said. The primary school is just 30 meters away from the recycling centre.

The students were admitted to hospital after all complained of breathing difficulties and stomach ache, state-run Xinhua news agency reported. So far two kids were still in hospital but their condition is stable. The rest have all been discharged.

The container has been removed and disposed. A suspect, who is linked to the recycling centre, is currently in police custody.

[“source-ndtv”]
Written by Srijita